is a Python module available on Linux, Windows and cygwin and features the following:
- Encode/decode audio compressed streams. The following formats are available:
- WMA( v1 and v2 )
- OGG( optional with vorbis library )
- AAC( optional with faad library )
- Encode/decode video compressed streams. The following formats supported:
- AVI( divx, xvid ), generic file format, carrying many possible streams
- ASF( wmv1/2 ), generic file format, carrying many possible streams
- MPEG1,2( VCD, SVCD, DVD compatible )
- Sound output through the OSS / Waveout. Mutlichannel for digital output.
- Sound input through the OSS / Wavein.
- Sound mixer manipulation, list all lines, set/get values of every line.
- Sound manipulation classes such as SpectrAnalyzer, Resampler.
- Video manipulation to convert video frames between YUV and RGB formats
- Direct CD/DVD ROM access to read audio/video tracks in a raw format.
This way you can play Audio, DVD and Video CDs using the same interface.
Visit the documentation section to find out more on interface.
You may also take a look at examples directory in tarball distribution or just browse the tutorial to have more confidence on what you can do with PyMedia.
Download the recent tarball from here.